Our building was built in the mid-1840s by the Burlington Woolen Company, and was originally known as The Mill Boarding House. It housed immigrant workers. After the flood of 1927, the building was used as an apartment house until 1947 when it became "internationally known" as The Old Mill, which was a favorite place to go for a cold beer and a good time by St. Michael's College and University of Vermont students.
In 1982, the building was sold and went through an extensive two-year renovation. Much of the beautiful oak and mahogany woodwork in this renovation is from the Bishop's House, an old mansion that was on Williams Street in Burlington. After the renovation, the building became The Mill Cafe
until 1987, when it was bought by the Chen family and finally dropped the Mill
and became The Peking Duck House